Last updated: September 22, 2021
We are fully committed to making sure you love your purchase, so if an item is defective we will accept it and refund your order as long as it is pursuant to this policy. Please note, once an order is placed the processing begins immediately and cannot be changed or canceled.
Bicycles must be in certain condition to be eligible for return or refund:
Contact us by phone or email within the required time limit stated below or on the sales invoice (whichever is earlier) to inquire whether your order is eligible for return or refund. Bring your order, with proof of purchase, to our store location. You may be eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, not including initial shipping and handling charges (S&H), incidental fees, plus any applicable tax and restocking charges, so long as any such bicycle is new and undamaged and we make a final determination in person.
PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHETHER AN ITEM MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF “NEW” OR “UNDAMAGED” REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE ALLOW YOU TO BRING THE ITEM TO OUR LOCATION FOR INSPECTION. UNTIL WE PHYSICALLY INSPECT THE ITEM, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OR RETURN. WE MUST PERFORM A PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION OF THE ITEM TO MAKE SUCH DETERMINATION IN PERSON ONLY.
Once we have agreed to issue a refund, please follow these guidelines:
- Returns will be accepted within 14 days of the invoice.
- Bicycle must be in new, unused condition, and undamaged.
- Proof of purchase is required.
- Credit will be issued to the original payment type used for purchase.
Bicycles ineligible for return:
- The bicycle was not purchased from The Vault Bicycle Shop directly
- The bicycle was invoiced more than 14 days ago.
- The bicycle has been used.
- The bicycle is not in new condition.
- The bicycle was marked “final sale”.
- The bicycle was damaged by improper use or accident.
Gear and Rider Apparel Returns
New, unused items may be eligible for a refund within 30 days of purchase. We may offer exchanges on a case-by-case basis at our sole discretion.
To make a return for a refund, please follow these guidelines:
- Returns will only be accepted within 30 days of purchase.
- Items must be in new, unused condition with all original, undamaged packaging.
- Proof of purchase is required.
- Credit will be issued to the original payment type used for purchase. If a digital gift card was redeemed, this payment method will be credited first.
Items ineligible for return:
- The item was not purchased from The Vault Bicycle Shop directly.
- The item was purchased more than 30 days ago.
- The item was marked “final sale” (these items cannot be exchanged).
- The item was damaged by improper use or accident.
- The item’s packaging was damaged.
Some gear and apparel purchased on special order must be returned directly to the manufacturer. Please contact us with your Order Reference Number and we will assist you with the return.
You may be eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, not including initial S&H charges, destination fees, plus any applicable tax, as long as new, unused items meet the refund eligibility terms of the manufacturer.
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURN POLICY AND DECISIONS OF MANUFACTURERS. WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO ASSIST YOU WITH THE RETURN AND WE ARE NOT ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURN PROCEDURE OR OUTCOME. EACH MANUFACTURER IS DIFFERENT. BE ADVISED THAT EACH MANUFACTURER SHOULD BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING RETURN OF SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCTS.
Refunds, less original shipping and handling, and/or destination fees, will be credited to the original credit card account used for purchase within 30 days after the return is received. Online store credits, less original S&H and/or destination fees, will be issued within 30 days after the return is received. If there was an error on your order, such as the wrong item shipped or damaged during shipping, it is your responsibility to reject the delivery of the goods and contact us within 3 business days from the date of delivery. If an item is returned that does not meet the eligibility guidelines listed above, the return will be declined and the item returned to you.
If you have any questions regarding your purchase or its warranty, please contact us for assistance.
If you need assistance regarding your bicycle’s warranty, please consult your owner’s manual or contact us.
The product manufacturer warranties branded gear against defects in materials and manufacturing for a certain period of time from the date of purchase. Gear with longer warranty periods are subject to review prior to honor. Extended warranties may be required as separate purchases before we can honor longer warranties. Please contact us for specific warranty information.